Thursday, April 4, 2013

A few things the Lord has been teaching me lately...



             I hope this blog-post finds you doing well. We are full-swing into this fast-flying Spring semester, and I am humbled and excited to share with you some of what the Lord has been doing in my heart thus far. As I reflect on some of these things, I am continually reminded of the Lord’s continual faithfulness to his people in and out of season. Whether we sense it or feel it, or whether we don’t feel it or understand it at all, the Lord is faithful to all of his promises, and I have been continually reminded of that throughout the past few months.
This season the Lord has been teaching me through his Word and through many circumstances that his love for me is beyond my comprehension. As I read and study through the book of Joshua, I am continually reminded that God not only inspires us and protects us, but that he also provides for us and even fights for us. Seeing the story of Joshua and even into the story of the Judges, we see a continual cycle of God’s people sinning, worshiping idols, being punished, crying out to God for help, being rescued through a person sent by God, obeying for a while, then falling back into idolatry all over again. And in so many ways as I see this theme of God’s people’s faithlessness and God’s continual mercy and faithfulness, I am reminded of my own life. This is the story of my life. However, my prayer is that in continually seeing God’s faithfulness, I will continue to grow in my faith and trust in Him; that those idols and distractions would progressively lose their power and temptation in my life that I might experience the fullness of fellowship with God through Christ and His Holy Spirit. However, though, I am by no means where Christ longs for me to be, I am humbled and overjoyed at the growth I have experienced in my love for Him. It truly is a miracle to look back over the last 5-6 years of my life in college up until now and see what the Lord has done in my life.  And in all these things, I know and trust that God is at work in more ways than I can see not only in my life but also in the lives of the students that I am pursuing and discipling.
Also, in some new news… I am saddened but also very excited to share with you some things the Lord has been putting on my heart concerning my future. As I conclude my 2nd intern year with CRU, the Lord has been putting many desires/thoughts/feelings on my heart about where he is calling me for this next year. Through the Lord’s leading and much wise counsel, I have decided to pursue some work opportunities outside of full-time ministry in the business world. And in so many ways, this transition will not be that easy for me especially leaving Auburn and this amazing staff team community; however, the Lord, once again, is so faithful, and I know he has an amazing plan to use me in powerful ways in a new place as I continue to depend on him. I look forward to keeping you posted on specifically where I will be and what I will be doing as well as sharing more of my thoughts behind the vision I have for pursuing the Lord and having a ministry in the workplace!

In Him,
Jay Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment